Original recipe makes 8 Servings Change Servings
1 teaspoon butter
2 large white onions, chopped
2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 habanero pepper, chopped
3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 drop super-hot hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain off grease, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions, green pepper and habanero pepper until onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Transfer the onion mixture to the pot with the ground beef, and set the heat to medium.
- Add the kidney beans and tomato sauce to the beef mixture, and season with chili powder, salt, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a simmer, and adjust seasonings to taste if necessary. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Vegan Diaries – Black Bean Chili and Hot Peppers Baby!!! (oneikasyogalife.com)
- Too Hot? Or Not? It is up to you! (canucanit.wordpress.com)
- Vegetarian Chili (culinaryengineering.me)
- sloppy joes + chips = childhood flashback (laceandiron.wordpress.com)
- Nicole’s Chili (mrsralstonskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans (illhavesecondsblog.wordpress.com)
- Enchilada Casserole (fitnfabfoody.com)
- Insanely Easy Vegan Chili (vegcharlotte.wordpress.com)
- Taco Stuffed Peppers (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.com)
- Detroit Coney Dog (thefoodvillain.wordpress.com)